Other English Language Resources
On The Web
In the Center for Language Study
The CLS Media Library is an online database listing the CLS' collection of audio, video, software, and texts for language learning. You may request desired materials at the CLS reception desk. Note: All materials must be used within the CLS. Your I.D. will be held at the reception desk until you have returned the materials.
- Browse the ESL audio resources on our Digital Audio Website.
- Read Frequently Asked Questions about our ESL video resources.
In addition to the video collection at the Center for Language Study, the Yale Film Study Center has a large collection of films, which can be searched by Yale students through the Film Study Center's video collection database.
- OISS English Conversation Groups: These informal conversation groups are facilitated by experienced Yale staffers and community volunteers according to the needs and interests of the attendees. Anyone in the Yale community at any language level is welcome.
- One-on-one Conversations: This program matches international students and scholars at Yale with volunteers from the New Haven and Yale communities for language and culture exchange.
- Graduate School Teaching Center
- Graduate School Career Center
- Graduate School Writing Center
- Yale College Writing Center
- Yale Organizational Development and Learning Center: The Learning Center offers a course called "Refining Speaking and Writing for Speakers of English as a Second Language."
- English Language Institute: Yale's ELI offers English courses in the summer for non-matriculated members of the Yale community.