Funding Language Study
While there are a number of grants and fellowships designed specifically to encourage language study or study abroad, other more general funding opportunities in your field may be another means for pursuing those activities. The following resources at Yale and beyond can help you find possible sources of funding. In addition, your specific school or program may have funding specifically for language study, so be sure to inquire at your department or financial aid office.
- Student Grants and Fellowships at Yale University
- MacMillan Center Grants and Fellowship Opportunities for Graduate and Professional Students
- GSAS Fellowship Database
Other Funding Resources
- Chronicle of Higher Education Grants and Fellowships - Funding resources in education.
- Foundation Center - Funding resources, education, and databases (some fee-based).
- Grants.gov - Governments grants and fellowships.
- GrantsNet - Funding for science research and education.
- Grant Forward - Grants database service (a new and improved version of IRIS).
- National Endowment for the Arts
- National Endowment for the Humanities
- National Institutes of Health
- National Science Foundation
- American Association of University Women
- American Council of Learned Societies
- Carnegie Corporation of New York
- Fulbright Scholars Program
- Getty Grant Program
- Sloan Foundation
- Smithsonian Fellowships
- Spencer Foundation